Friday, October 23, 2009

Fancy Brussel Sprouts

Okay since I enjoy brussel sprouts I'm posting this recipe. Traci actually grew some in her garden that were so sweet and tender awhile ago and shared them. They are so good for you ! I do however promise not to be offended if your not a fan of these little baby cabbages but only if you will forgive me for not liking eggplant! ( I just can not acquire a taste for eggplant. ) Not even fried and smothered with cheese and sauce. :)



1+ 1/2 lb. brussel sprouts
1 packet chicken broth
2 cups water
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 bottle real bacon bits
1/2 cup real coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese (or glass jar variety)
sprinkle of salt and pepper




Boil brussel sprouts in water and chicken broth until fork tender.

Drain brussel sprouts and melt the butter over them.

Stir in the bacon bits and Parmesan cheese.

Add salt and pepper and serve.

No comments: