Sunday, February 28, 2010

Corn 'N' Frank Chowder

Please give this yummy corn chowder a try soon.
Feel free to throw in a chopped
leftover cooked potato if you so desire it.


1 lb. beef hot dogs, sliced
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 TB. butter
1 16 oz. can cream style corn
1 cup whole white kernel corn
1 cup milk
3/4 lb. velveeta cheese, cubed
salt and pepper

Saute peppers , onions and sliced franks
in the butter in a 3 qt. saucepan.
Add remaining ingredients and stir over
low heat until cheese is melted.
Six 1+1/3 cup servings

3 comments:

Trina said...

Ohh, this does sound good, and I have all the ingredients...question - do Vivi and Aiden like it? I think you should have a rating system for your recipes, like a star if grandpa and Mike like it, and smiley face if the kids gobbled it up. :)

Traci said...

Lol! My kids aren't huge soup eaters but they like corn chowder because corn is a favorite and of course the hot dogs in this "kid it up" a bit for them.

Karen said...

Well now... You see Trina.... We are so lucky because our men eat about everything we make with zealous.lol I only post recipes I really like too. But that is a GREAT idea about the rating system !I love it. We should do that for sure. The only thing I can honestly say Grandpa wasn't a huge fan of was the Chicken Gnocchi Soup but you have had that so you know that's yummy. He likes the old fashioned traditional soups like chicken noodle,chili etc. but I like to venture out. Traci should get right on that suggestion :)