Saturday, January 16, 2010

Orange Glazed Spiral Ham

Hello everyone and Happy New Year ! Please stop by and say hello to us this year won't you? Thanks for checking out our blog and God Bless all of you in the coming year! It's been a busy season for everyone so I apologize for not posting as frequently as I normally do. Here is my new favorite holiday ham recipe I use. I'm not fond of the spicy glazes so I decided one day to make something different.
Everyone seems to like it and I use it for chicken tender dipping also after I add some garlic powder and a tiny dash of cayenne pepper to it and cook it in a small pan for a few minutes.


1 12 lb. fully cooked spiral sliced ham
1 cup bottled orange juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. orange flavoring extract


Optional garnish ;
1 thinly sliced orange
marachino cherries speared with
toothpicks and poked through orange slices
into ham before baking.



Score your ham cross ways.
Mix all 3 ingredients together until sugar is dissolved.
Pour half the mixture over top of the ham dripping
it down over the sides.
Bake for about 50 minutes.
Remove ham from oven and brush remaining glaze all
over again and continue to bake until
ham is heated through another 20 minutes
or so according to package directions.

No comments: