Thursday, April 8, 2010

Old fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies

Here is another of those recipes from that cook book I told you all about in a prior post called "I found a treasure". It's just a simple peanut butter cookie recipe from years ago that I have used for many,many years.

Cream together;
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar

Beat in;
1 cup peanut butter
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp.baking soda
3 cups flour.

Roll into small balls and place spaced apart
on cookie sheet. Press with a sugared
fork making criss cross marks on them.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 mins.
Cool before you remove these from sheet.
These will set up and be chewy as they cool.
Do not over bake or they will be too crispy.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love this recipe because it uses butter instead of shortening! I'm always a fan of that! :)

Karen said...

Well good Rachel ! I'm glad. :)