Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Beef Stroganoff and Noodles in a Jiffy

For years I assumed that I could never like  Beef  Stroganoff   because it just tasted too
much like sour cream and over powered the beef flavor . Then one day I needed to
do something fast with some leftover beef roast  for dinner . I had a couple jars of the
real dark homestylebeef gravy and a jar of sliced mushrooms in my cupboard and I
figured I'd do something over noodles since they cook so quick.
This came together  in a flash and I like it so well we have it often. Use whatever cooked
beef you have but leave it chunky.  Sometimes I even make mini meatballs and
brown them .Then  I add 1/2 cup water and the gravy,cover
and simmer them till they are cooked through.I add
sour cream  at the last minute and toss with hearty shaped pasta. 
Place a large pan of water over to boil  for your noodles and gather all the ingredients.
 Heat in a medium pan;
2 jars of Homestyle beef gravy (Heinz is what I use)
1 small jar sliced mushrooms,drained 
1 -2 cups chopped chunks of cooked beef 
1 tsp worchestshire  sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Stir in last;
1/4 cup sour cream
Cook 1 lb of thick noodles according to the pkg. Drain and toss the gravy and
 meat in with the noodles and serve. 

No comments: